question

Charlie Ruble avatar image
Charlie Ruble asked ·

Ring Central - Technical Requirements for large company

We're interested in this product and need to support about 75 users in one office.  We have cisco networking equipment and a 50/50MB internet connection.  I'm looking for the good/bad of this product and whether we should move to this platform.  
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Travis Ransom avatar image
Travis Ransom answered ·
Just check latency in your office.  If you are consistently under 40 ms then you will be fine.  The good is that the service seems to be consistent (I'm only 2 months in).  The bad for me (not for you though) is that my users are not under 1 roof (85 of them) and we have legal outbound Caller ID requirements.  Because RC is only able to display 1 name on every account we had to setup multiple accounts just to accommodate that need.  They can display any number virtual number though.  They also don't have a means to do certain bulk administrative tasks.  However, the features are solid, and because you are at 75 users you will get US-based customer service (if that matters to you).  Although they would like for you to use their phones we are not. We are using Grandstream phones.  I would suggest thorough testing before committing the whole load nonetheless.  Some issues they seem incapable of resolving in a timely manner.  I've come to find out that their higher level tech support is not in-house.  It hasn't been an issue, but it seems they farmed out the infrastructure build-out so the real issues have no way of getting hashed out quickly.  Again, hasn't been a problem, but just giving my honest assessment.
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces