question

mario sella avatar image
mario sella asked ·

Android app not working - HTC device incompatible

Gentlemen,

I have been a RingCentral customer for about 6 years.

I had the ringcentral app on my Android phone installed for a few years with all the relevant updates through different phones and it has always worked almost perfectly.

Yesterday I made the wrong decision to uninstall the last version I had on my phone and try to get the new one available through Google Play.

Needless to say I was unable to install it. Tried different times, with resetting, turning off, changing Google account but no luck.

I am getting the message "Your device isn't compatible with this version"

The website states that the minimum requirements are Android 2.2, my phone is running 2.3.3 so it should be installable.

I use an HTC Inspire 4G

I would like to know if I am the only one with this problem. Like many of RingCentral customers I run my business out of my personal phone and this situation is certainly not ideal.

If all fails is there anyone aware of a way or a place where I can download the previous/older working version of the RingCentral app?

Thanks to you all for your help.

Sincerely, Marco

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
mario sella avatar image
mario sella answered ·
After days chatting via e-mail and over the phone with Ring Central it appears that Android 2.3 is just for losers like me.

I must be the most uncool Ring Central Customer because I run Android 2.3.3 on a 18 months old (relic apparently) HTC .

Now I have no app unless I buy a new phone...Brilliant I must say...

A suggestion to all of you running Android 2.2 or 2.3.3 do not update or disinstall your working "old" Ring Central app...unless you want to buy a new phone or switch service

I guess my 35 dollars a month don't deserve a working app...

Thanks for nothing.
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces