question

Sanjay Patel avatar image
Sanjay Patel asked ·

No sound from RingCentral for Windows (only program with this issue on my system)

Ring Central for Windows does not output any sound. Sound on all other programs work (Skype, Google Voice, Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc.). Have put in multiple calls and requests to RC Support and have no resolution (most of those requests were not even responded to by RC Support). Is there possibly a codec that is conflicting? I am would really like to use the program especially now that is tied in to Google. Please help!!
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi Sanjay,   The Desktop app has it's own audio settings. Follow the steps here and you can change the defaults to whatever configuration you need.  When you get to step #4, you can use the drop-down menus to select your default audio devices. 

Adjusting the Speaker and Mic Volume on the RingCentral for Desktop App
6 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mike, Thanks for your response but I've tried that solution. I adjusted the settings/audio tab using all combinations of the volume and choices in the microphone/speaker/ringer drop downs. Something else is wrong.
0 Likes 0 · ·
I have the same problem. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
RingCentral is horrible at resolving issues. To date have had no response since January from them (I put in two more case requests and two other replies to techs that have tried to help before). I'm looking at alternatives. If you are doing the same, please let me know. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 · ·
spvhjl,  What are those case numbers.  I'll take a look at them and see what the status is or why there was no response? 
0 Likes 0 · ·
After submitting requests, new cases do not appear in my list. I've tried half a dozen times. As such, I've also replied to numerous messages from previous cases requesting further help - addresses which I previously did get responses from, but no more. The last case that shows is 03280114 from January.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
If the steps I provided in the link above do not work, then it's most likely a sound setting on the PC. You may have to go into the Control Panel and look at the default audio devices.  I've seen this happen before when there are multiple audio devices connected to the pc.  If you have a different headset or microphone, or perhaps a web cam with a built-in microphone, it may be using another device as the default.  I've seen a few cases where the PC doesn't recognize the right device and can often be fixed by doing a simple restart, and/or temporarily unplugging the other devices. 

Mike 

Sanjay Patel avatar image
Sanjay Patel answered ·
Thanks Mike. Have tried the options you listed as well. Only have one microphone (webcam), one set of speakers, and default devices are set properly .
1 comment Share

spvhjl   So, it's the built in microphone on the web cam that you are using and it's the only audio device? If so try to uninstall and reinstall the RC Meeting app and if you still have the problem  Open a Case.  Once you get the case number you are welcome to post it here and I'll be happy to check status for you if necessary. 

Mike 

0 Likes 0 · ·
ben1 avatar image
ben1 answered ·
I was having the same problem and, using Mike's advice, checked my audio settings. Interestingly, while my speakers were set correctly, my microphone was set to a nonexistent device (I tried and then removed a USB headset last week on my computer). Once I got the microphone set to the correct, working device, I got my sound back from the desktop app.
1 comment Share

Thanks for the followup Ben. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Reza Tashakori avatar image
Reza Tashakori answered ·
RingCentral is horrible and complicated with horrible customer service!!! I tried this dummy setting thing and I have my sound correct but still no sound comes through my headphone!!!!!!

why should be so hard to make a simple phone call through this system?!!

tom12345678 avatar image
tom12345678 answered ·
Same issue here, when I call someone through the windows desktop app, they can hear me but I can't hear them. If I use the mobile app that works ok.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Reza & Tom,  This is almost always a simple case of checking the Audio settings. If you have these set correctly, and are still having problems then go to your sound settings in the PCs control panel and double check those as well. If you are using a USB device you may have to unplug, and plug it back in so that it's correctly recognized. 

Reza Tashakori avatar image
Reza Tashakori answered ·
Mike,

I was working on this for about 4 hours. as I mentioned I checked all the settings and its not still working!!! I got a hold of somebody in technical support and she was working on my computer by remote desktop for about 2 hours but she didn't resolve it. I can hear every sound but there's no sound coming through ringcentral!!!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces