question

tim12345678 avatar image
tim12345678 asked ·

Call Center

Is anyone running a call centre with RingCentral? Need some advice
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chuck Fuscone avatar image
Chuck Fuscone answered ·
Hey Tim, the Call queue feature of Ring Central is basic ACD services.  So the question is what are you using today and you would want to create a matrix of existing features to see if they exist in Ring Central.  One item that many people ask for is how to know who is in the queue and how long they have been waiting.  Currently a feature like that does not exist.

So If you lay out what you have today, we could let you know if thoes features exist and if you are looking for something new we would be able to let you know that also

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
chuckfuscone@gmail.com

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tim12345678 avatar image
tim12345678 answered ·
I run a call answering service. I answer calls on my clients behalf.

I want limit the number of calls that I miss on their behalf. Using the RingCentral system, what do you think will be the best way for me to set this up. Is their any integrations that may help?

Chuck Fuscone avatar image
Chuck Fuscone answered ·
Well in this case call volume may come into play and how many agents. You have taking calks Rc had many features to not miss calls Without knowing all the details of your business it it's hard to say for sure but call queues in this case may make most sense I would suggest IP phones and not the sift phone Contact me if you need assistance in setting up and con figuring Thanks Chuck
1 comment Share

Hi Chuck,

Why an IP phone, I was considering Cisco 7940
0 Likes 0 · ·
Dustin Showers avatar image
Dustin Showers answered ·
we are using RC for our call center.  works great.

tim12345678 avatar image
tim12345678 answered ·
Thats great,

do you use the softphones or the physical phones?

Do you have more than one number? how do you determine what number or company is being called?

How do you work out your stats, as in calls missed or time in the queue?

All help appreciated

Regards
Tim

Dustin Showers avatar image
Dustin Showers answered ·
We use the Polycom VVX-410's, i have most of the queue mailboxes directed at individual supervisor extensions, but i also have all of my staff monitoring an "impatient caller queue" via the softphone... when i have callers that dont want to wait to talk to someone they can press "8" or "9" respectively and go directly to voicemail...  rather than send this to a specific person (in the event theyre out for the day) i have it go to the virtual mailbox that everyone is monitoring... this also gets them access into the softphone to view Presence of up to 30 people.  

we have more than one number, yes.  i have multiple offices... my company number isnt really used... i setup an auto attendant on it that says for office 1, press 1.. office 2 press 2, etc...  than i have sub IVR menus for each office... which then forward to each queue.  you can assign as many numbers to an IVR or queue as you want... it's not limited (i dont think?)  personally, i duplicate my queues if they have multiple numbers for tracking/marketing purposes.. i can actually filter my call logs to see where my calls are coming from... if we're advertising in the newspaper with NUMBER#1, and the internet with NUMBER#2 i can track what method is bringing me the most calls.

stats, i developed my own excel pivot tables... i drop in the raw call log data and filter and manipulate the data... it has graphs and all that jazz.  the built in RC reports are helpful, but i dont find them to be as "pretty" to hand to my supervisors.

hope that helps?

tim12345678 avatar image
tim12345678 answered ·
it does help, quite a lot acutally.I think that i need to move away from the softphone onto a physical phone.

I have set up zendesk, it seems like a better CRM for what i need it for 

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces