question

tim12345678 avatar image
tim12345678 asked ·

Caller ID name instead of Number

I answer telephone calls on behalf of my clients

Is there any way to change the Called Number ID from a number to a name, so instead of seeing a telephone number appearing I can change it to the name of the company that I have allocated that number to.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Tim
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi Tim,  I just need to clarify. Are you referring to the Caller ID  that you see when you receive a call, or what you want others to see if you dial out? 

Mike 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tim12345678 avatar image
tim12345678 answered ·
When callers are dialling in, not the caller ID, but the number that they are calling me on
1 comment Share

Hi Tim,  This article explains more, but inbound Caller ID Name is available on the Office Enterprise accounts. 
Inbound Caller ID Name Frequently Asked Questions

If you need to change plans, you can call Sales at 800-820-3676
0 Likes 0 · ·
tim12345678 avatar image
tim12345678 answered ·
I am not talking about caller ID, but Called Number ID, there's a difference 
3 comments Share

Sorry for not understanding your question. I'm still a little confused. I'm reading all the posts here to take everything into context and the original post is asking how to change "Called Number ID from a number to a name".  Are you wanting it to display the number that the caller dialed? 

I think this may be the procedure you are looking for.   Setting up Incoming Call Information as an administrator

0 Likes 0 · ·
I dont think it does.

This is the scenario.

I have two numbers. One of the numbers belongs to to the client who's calls i answer on their behalf. They are not a user. When the call comes in at the top of the softphone it displays the number of the company WHO IS BEING CALLED. 

If I have 50 those clients, when a number calls in it will get confusing as to which number is being called. so instead of seeing a number, I would prefer to see the name of the company of which I am going to answer. So in essense it will say a call is coming in for ABC company, not just their number
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hello Tim, I think it will be helpful to look into your account and speak in person. Can you give our support team a call at 888-898-4591. 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces