question

te-channel-partner6163 avatar image
te-channel-partner6163 asked ·

Report > Phone Number tab shows unknown number

I'm an RC partner and this problem is seen at one of my customers (so I posted this conversation privately). Reports > Phone Number lists one number at the top that is not in the account. The number can be unchecked in the Dialed Number dropdown, but it shouldn't list at all. Thanks.

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi TE,  can you provide me the account info/phone number and date etc, so I can log into it and look at it.  Since you made this private we are the only ones that can see this conversation. 

Mike 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

te-channel-partner6163 avatar image
te-channel-partner6163 answered ·

Hi Mike,

For account 415-928-7337, on the Reports > Phone Number page the first number listed is 1-415-231-5334 but as far as I know that's not a number for this account.

Thanks for looking into this.

6 comments Share

The phone number 415-231-5334 is actually a phone number under account/phone number 415-513-5494. Is that your account? I'll have to look through the logs but someone from the other account probably called you at that number.
0 Likes 0 · ·
You are correct. I'm sorry. I should have recognized my own account's 415-513-5494 direct number 415-231-5334. I rarely call it so I didn't even notice it. I was thinking the Reports > Phone Number page was a summary of each extensions activity, and the example in Help for this page shows extension numbers under the Dialed Number column. In my customer's account 415-928-7337, I expanded the date range to start at 11/1/2014 and saw a few other numbers that are not in the account that I guess indicate numbers they dialed. But I assume they've dialed a lot more numbers in the past 3 months than these few that are listed. So, I'm confused on what this Phone Number report page is supposed to display (activity to inbound numbers but then why are other numbers listed OR if all dialed numbers there must be some missing). I'd just like to be able to explain the report to my customer. Thanks, again, for the help.
0 Likes 0 · ·
I'm going to research this and get back to you.  As you mentioned, it doesn't seem to display all of the outgoing calls, so perhaps it reporting something else, but I'll find out for you. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hello TE,  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but the report we were discussing shows inbound calls to that specific number. So the title of "dialed" calls is confusing as these aren't actually outbound calls. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
So if this is a report of inbound calls, then we still don't know why the report shows inbound calls to numbers that are not part of the account. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces