question

anas avatar image
anas asked ·

I can not hear my customer but they can hear me / softphone ringcentral for pc

I can not hear my customer but they can hear me / softphone on PC . Im connected directly
Prolink H5201 Router modem. Please help
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anas avatar image
anas answered ·
Everything on default. Strange that skype works fine but not ring central
3 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

What kind of headset/microphone are you using?  Is it a USB connection or the 3.5mm male plug?

Also, do you have a webcam/microphone on the computer which is used for Skype?  
0 Likes 0 · ·
The brand of the headset is A4tech, It's a 3.5 mm male plug. 
Yes, i also have a webcam with microphone on the computer i used for skype. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
I've seen similar things before. This sounds like an issue with the Computer not recognizing the headset. Your customers are probably hearing you through the webcam/microphone.  As a test, unplug the webcam/microphone, and restart the computer. Check the Sound settings in the Control Panel to make sure it's recognized and then test on a live call. 

Also, be sure to check the sound settings on the SoftPhone as shown below. 

0 Likes 0 · ·
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Do you have a microphone/headset plugged into the computer? You'll want to check the default devices in Control Panel > Sound to make sure its recognized and its not defaulted to a different device. Then also check the actual SoftPhone as there are additional settings.  Go to Settings > Audio and you'll see options to select the desired device for speaker and microphone.  

Mike 

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces