question

Rommel Caballero avatar image
Rommel Caballero asked ·

re assigning numbers

Hi Guys,

Please let me post the question sent to me by my boss, I am very new to RingCentral and don't know the answer to the question below:

Rommel, I believe we currently have two full Ring Central lines (one assigned to L and the other to me). Would it be possible to re-assign my Ring Central line to J - while keeping my Ring Central phone number (804-38XXXXX) assigned to me and forwarded to my Skype number (804-38XXXXY)?
Thanks in advance,
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
I'll need some clarification.  Does your boss and "J" plan to share the same phone number then?  You can reassign and change phone numbers as shown on this page:  Changing an Existing Phone Number, but if your they want separate phone numbers and need his to forward to a Skype number then you'll have to add another digital line to the account. But, if he has his own number is there a reason to forward to Skype? 

Mike 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Rommel Caballero avatar image
Rommel Caballero answered ·
Hi Mike,

I think 
  • Jay wants to have his RC line re-assigned to Jen
  • while keeping the RC number and thus have the Skype forwarding remain functional

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Rommel, You'll probably want to give us a call and have one of our techs help you out over the phone. 888-898-4591
1 comment Share

Thanks, will do
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces