question

Alex Valkarie avatar image
Alex Valkarie asked dawn-kraychuk commented

Annoying calls / fake calls / telemarketer calls / do not call list

Hello! We have been getting calls to our main line (no extension) but they do not leave a message, or leave a few seconds of blank message. They are not clients or leads of ours and appear from area codes across the US. Has anyone else had this issue? Are these likely automated telemarketing calls? Is there a do not call list I can enter? Thanks! Our number has been posted publicly on our site for a few years. This has been a problem for the past year. I realize five calls a day might not be a nuisance for some, but we receive a small call volume and our Director has stopped answering calls altogether because most of them are "fake".
phone
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jailan Abdelrazek avatar image Jailan Abdelrazek commented ·

The amount of fake calls, telemarketing, and robot calls is at an all high, thru RingCentral! I am aware I am not the only one complaining about this issue. I have contacted RC about it before and I am aware of the steps to block each individual call, but the real question is: what is Ring Central doing to better block this kind of calls.

0 Likes 0 ·
dawn-kraychuk avatar image dawn-kraychuk Jailan Abdelrazek commented ·

Hi Jailan, admin deleted my reply to you. If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·
dawn-kraychuk avatar image dawn-kraychuk commented ·

We think our portal or account may have a compromise due to the nature of the spoofed number and name, but our case has been closed on this.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered mary-community-moderator commented
Here's a page with comments from one of our engineers that may help you:  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/calls_from_nobody

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dawn-kraychuk avatar image dawn-kraychuk commented ·

the link doesn't work

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ dawn-kraychuk commented ·

Hi @dawn-kraychuk, check here for possible troubleshooting.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app