question

Clemency Project avatar image
Clemency Project asked ·

Can I change my existing "main" Ring Central phone number and fax number? My business has moved and want new local area code numbers.

Can I change my existing "main" Ring Central phone number and fax number? My business has moved and I want to have our main phone numbers (and direct ring lines) changed to new phone numbers within our new area code in Washington, DC.

I believe this is a number swap, but I want to have my current lines in the new area code.  This will involve swapping I believe 4 phone numbers, the main phone number, the company fax number and the two direct lines for each of the two IP phones on our system.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Yes, you can indeed do this.  Here's a help topic that shows the steps:  Changing an Existing Phone Number

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Clemency Project avatar image
Clemency Project answered ·
Hi Mike,

I was able to get the direct lines on the IP phones changed using the above procedure.

However, I cannot get my MAIN PHONE and FAX number changed to a number in the 202 area code (from 860 area code) using the procedure you provided...

How can I get my Main PHONE and Fax number changed on my RC account?

Please advise.  Thank you.

Chris
The Clemency Project

3 comments Share

This page will show how to select a new number with a different area code. 
Adding Phone Numbers to Your RingCentral Account

If you have any problems, you are welcome to give us a call and have one of our telephone agents help you out. 

Mike 
1 Like 1 · ·
Mike,

Am I able to REMOVE AND CHANGE my MAIN phone number?

I understand I can add numbers, but can the Main number be changed, that is my question?

Chris
0 Likes 0 · ·
Give us a call 888-898-4591 and one of our telephone agents can help you with this. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces