question

roberto-verde avatar image
roberto-verde asked ·

RingOut API Authentication

I cannot get the RingOut API call to authenticate using  http://goo.gl/W6kwF6.. even when putting in the correct tel #, extension and PW, it fails..

help!
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

hootsuite-app avatar image
hootsuite-app answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problem with Chrome Extension. In response to @robertoverde on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robertoverde/statu...

@RingCentral Nope. Chrome incognito mode still fails. 20 mins on hold and still no person from support. Level 1 will be lost. Help!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
I've merged the other conversation with this one.  To keep us on the same page.  Are you by any chance referring to "RingMe" instead of "RingOut" ?

roberto-verde answered ·
please review:
http://service.ringcentral.com/ringoutapi/

I am unable to make this work when I use my real credentials.. your idiots on Twitter told me to clear my cookies (which has nothing to do with anything) so just to rule them out I used incognito mode and still same error.. this is an API error - nothing more.. I know this because the user id, ext # and password work fine to login into the web portal.. but they are failing now for the API when they worked a few days ago.. makes me think you are having technical problems.. 

roberto-verde answered ·
is this more clear now? do you understand the issue?
7 comments Share

Yes,  This helps. Sorry about the Twitter posts. It was unclear where your problem is and I realize there's not enough room there to post a clear question, or explanation. I don't think anything has changed with the API, so I'll need to do a little research and I'll reply back here as quick as I can. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
awesome.. thx.. it has always worked, but just stopped since Friday (didn't user over the weekend).. I got it to work once today, but that's it.. always comes back as a user id / pw error.. when it's not..

thx for the help!
0 Likes 0 · ·
You're welcome.  I just sent you a personal email. 

Mike
0 Likes 0 · ·
got it.. thx.. will re-direct to RC Dev team..

-R
0 Likes 0 · ·
You're welcome. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
roberto-verde answered ·
this is new as of today.. has something happened to the API? or the API call?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces