question

Michael Savage avatar image
Michael Savage asked ·

When will the April update be applied to RingCentral for Desktop Softphone

When will the April update be applied to RingCentral for Desktop Softphone? I am looking forward to the update that allows the softphone to act as default dialer. I saw the press release and etc. but when I check for updates it says my software is up-to-date. Please advise. Thank you.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
The latest version is 7.1.1 and is already available to most users.  Which version are you on?  If you are on an older version reply here and I'll get you a download link. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Michael Savage avatar image
Michael Savage answered ·
This notification for this went to my spam folder for some reason. I am on version 7.0.5.11608 so I am guessing that is the older version and for some reason when i check for updates it says it is current version then when i try to download form the website it is still the same version. Please send me download link. Will i need to uninstall and re-install it on my computer once I get the link?
2 comments Share

Hi Michael,  I just sent you an email.  If you have any problems, let us know. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
I got the link and actually figured out the issue last night and uninstalled and re-installed the softphone and that seemed to fix the issue. However, sadly it did not seem to fix my click to dial issue even after registering it as the default dialer but I can contact tech support to further look into this issue. 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces