question

Eric Tanaka avatar image
Eric Tanaka asked ·

I'm no longer able to play vmail through RC for Windows (7.1); new message indicated but can't see the message below to play it.

Perhaps since upgrading to 7.1 (but can't quite recall), even though I SEE a new voice message is correctly indicated in the app, there isn't anything in the below window to PLAY the message; I can't see any details on it at all.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Eric Tanaka avatar image
Eric Tanaka answered ·
Yes, I'm clicking the message, and nothing happens other than you can see the envelope (i.e. "message") slightly change colors as if something SHOULD happen when clicking on it. Again, this is all very new and possibly just after installing the 7.1 you suggested in order to fix the "extra lines" disappearing between paragraphs on a fax cover sheet (that did work, btw).  I can't swear that this issue herein started RIGHT after that install; however, it certainly wasn't like this BEFORE that install either.  Again, not 100% sure it's related.

What to do here?  As I recall from when this worked, just as soon as there was a new voicemail and the little red circle indicated as such (like in my screenshot below), I'd be able to see the details of that voicemail right underneath.

8 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Eric,  Keep an eye on your email. I am going to send you a download link for version 7.1.2 which we are in the process of pushing out but not everyone has it yet. 

Remove 7.1.1 and install 7.1.2 and let us know if there are still problems. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
What is the last version for Mac?  I have 7.0.5.11608
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Claudio,  Check your email. I am sending you a link for 7.1.2 which we are in the process of pushing out now, but  not all users have access yet.  You can uninstall your current version use this one. 

Mike 
1 Like 1 · ·
Thanks Mike. I will be waiting for it.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Mike, thank you, and I'll install it.  However, interestingly, some automated Windows Updates were applied overnight - which automatically rebooted my machine - and, voi la, the RC "softphone" is working again.  Upon launching this morning, it showed the 2 voicemails properly and allowed me to play them. I didn't do anything at all.  Wacky!  I had already previously tried rebooting my machine a few times, but that didn't work, only to have last night's "automated update/reboot" somehow do the trick.
I'll come back to you if the issue re-emerges even after downloading 7.1.2.
Thanks agin.
1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments
kim avatar image
kim answered ·

Let us know if you were able to retrieve your voicemails successfully. 

Thank you. 

Kim 

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
When you click on the message it should display a drop down with the player controls to play the message.  Are you clicking the message?  

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces