question

ken12 avatar image
ken12 asked ·

Presence does not work for inbound calls.

When making outbound calls the presence function will work and the light next to the extension will be lit but when taking an inbound call the light will not be lit even though the user is on the phone.  Is there a reason for this?  I'm thinking we must have something set wrong.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ringcentral avatar image
ringcentral answered ·
Is that extension part of a ring group ?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ken12 avatar image
ken12 answered ·
I think so Claudio.  I'm pretty new at this.  We have multiple lines that will ring when a call comes in.

ringcentral avatar image
ringcentral answered ·
We were having similar situation.  At the beginning we choose to Create Call Queue's and the presence light was working as expected, but then the users wanted to handle more than one call at the time (leaving on hold the first and taking the second incoming call) you know, several IP phones can have more than one line.  So we create Ring Group's instead of Call Queues's, and now the light is mostly green because no matter they are in an active call, eventually they could take a second call.  This increase the number of the calls per agent.
2 comments Share

So does the presence work while using the ring groups?

0 Likes 0 · ·
In my experience, the light remain green until the user have all the lines busy (or on hold), and that is not common (depending how many lines per extension), so the light is not a good reference if the user is in a call or not.
But, from the point of view of the "availability" and have the agents take more calls per day (more customers satisfied) is good for us.
0 Likes 0 · ·
kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Ken,

1) Try rebooting both phones after leaving them unplugged for 60 seconds.  
2) Just to rule it out, check the online settings for Presence for both extension please. Make sure nothing was reset. 
3) Most importantly, check  port ranges on the router 

Let me know.  

Kim

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Ken,  

Were you able to get the Presence working for inbound calls by updating the port triggering? Let us know if you still need assistance with this issue.  

Thank you for choosing RingCentral. Have a great day!
Kim 

ken12 avatar image
ken12 answered ·
I will be able to try it out tomorrow.  I'm hoping I'll be able to figure out the port triggering with the information you provided in the link.  I'll let you know how it goes but it might be a little outside of my normal skill set.  Thanks for the help so far!
1 comment Share

Any luck? 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces