question

kyle12 avatar image
kyle12 asked ·

Desktop App: Blank screen & OpenGL error

When a user is opening Ring Central the screen is solid white and you cannot navigate the program at all.  When you right click the tray icon and close it this error message pops up

Problem: Halt on unexpected exception at location QtModanoApp::notifyWindows Exception EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at 0x028A0024; DEP 0x028a0024; 
 * stack trace * 
'string'
QOpenGLContextGroupPrivate::cleanup
QOpenGLContextGroupPrivate::removeContext
QOpenGLContext::destroy
QCoreApplication::sendPostedEvents

Details: Exception 
>>>
Halt on unexpected exception at location QtModanoApp::notify
Windows Exception EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at 0x028A0024; DEP 0x028a0024; 
 * stack trace * 
'string'
QOpenGLContextGroupPrivate::cleanup
QOpenGLContextGroupPrivate::removeContext
QOpenGLContext::destroy
QCoreApplication::sendPostedEvents

<<<
ESS::Assertion in thread main (7680) @ ..\..\..\src\Utils\ErrorsSubsystem.cpp:394 in void __cdecl ESS::HaltOnUnexpected(const struct Utils::ExceptionInfo &,const class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > &)
* Stack trace *
ESS::BaseException::GetStack
ESS::BaseException::BaseException
ESS::HaltOnUnexpected
AppQt::QtModanoApp::notify
QCoreApplication::notifyInternal
QCoreApplicationPrivate::sendPostedEvents

Anyone have any ideas?   I can get it to work sometimes.  But it is rare when I am able to get it working.  I tried working with L1 Ring Central support and they had me log out and reregister the extension, delete the appdata folders. 

This happened after a update to 7.1.4
topic-default
1 comment
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Just sent you an email Claudio. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hello Kyle, 

I sent you an email with instructions and a different download link. If you have any problems you can reply here, or to the email. 

Mike 
2 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Is there any chance I could get this link? I'm experiencing the same problem with several of my computers.
0 Likes 0 · ·
HI Hugo, We have decided to hold off on our 7.2.3 release due to some bugs we wish to fix before it goes out to the entire population. Are you having a specific issue? 
0 Likes 0 · ·
kyle12 avatar image
kyle12 answered ·
I followed up with the end user this morning and she did not have any issues launching and using ring central after updating to 7.2.  Mike thank you so much for your help!

kyle12 avatar image
kyle12 answered ·
Ok gentleman this issues goes a bit deeper than the RingCentral Program itself.  I tried to update another PC to 7.2 and when I went to test it I got the white screen again and the OpenGL error like I was with 7.1.4.  The only thing I did on the other PC was I installed an update to the Intel G45 Graphics Card that was in Windows Update as I was troubleshooting the issue.  On the second machine I went to Intel's site and downloaded the latest driver for the graphics and Installed it and now it is working fine as well.

I believe the deep down issue here (and why it isn't more wide spread) is that the graphics drivers I had were not compatible with the program until I updated them to the last release. 

This may be sandboxed to the G45 chipset or some older intel graphics versions.  I do not know.  But maybe the engineers would be interested in it.  Latest Intel Version is 15.17.17.64.2413

they were on an earlier version on of 15.  Sorry I wasn't thinking to grab the version number.
1 comment Share

Thanks for the info Kyle, this may help! 
0 Likes 0 · ·
hbarecruiter1144 avatar image
hbarecruiter1144 answered ·
This is still a problem for me on the latest version of the RC Softphone for Windows.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces