question

dkaylor avatar image
dkaylor asked ·

RingCentral window freezing on blank white screen on start up

Whenever on of our users opens the ring central desktop app, Windows 7, it opens the window and just presents a blank white screen that it freezes on and nothing happens. It is not until I kill the process tree in task manager and restart the program that it decides to work. 
Please advise.. Thanks!
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Hello,

Please uninstall, de-authorize the PC, and reinstall the softphone.  See if that helps.  
Let me know. 

Kim 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dkaylor avatar image
dkaylor answered ·
Hi Kim,
that was definitely the first thing I tried. So sorry, should have included that in the description. 
Thanks!
8 comments Share

Can you tell us if any other programs are freezing or not loading?  Might be a RAM issue. 

Also, what version of the Softphone are you on?  Maybe we can send you a newer version? 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
There are no other freezing/not loading issues. I fairly recently upgraded him to 8GB of RAM, up from 3GB. 
Current Version: 7.2.0.14771

I appreciate your assistance! 
0 Likes 0 · ·
After you kill the task, are there any remaining Windows errors or anything showing up on the screen?  
0 Likes 0 · ·
No Sir! 
Also, there are no windows errors to begin with. Everything appears space normal except the RingCentral window is completely whited out. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Are you using 2 monitors? See if it occurs on both monitors? Sometimes it can be isolated to 1 monitor. 

Did you deauthorize the pc before you logged back in? 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces