question

Mike Bruns avatar image
Mike Bruns asked ·

Provisioning: Linksys ATA

Hi All,

Could someone reply screenshots showing the advanced configuration parameters for a Linksys ATA provisioned by RC?

I'm working with RC Tech Support, but I'd also like to review a "basic" configuration setup that I haven't changed.

Looking for the screens here:

provisioning
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Sorry I don't have a full set of screenshots.  This page may help:  Knowledge Article: Provisioning a Linksys SPA-2102 (ATA)

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ringcentral35 avatar image
ringcentral35 answered ·
Important to say that only the port #1 for the analog phone works, according to RC Support, they do not provide a second analog line.
3 comments Share

Thanks Claudio, 

Port #2 works just fine if you manually provision it, the automatic provision script just does #1.
====================
I'm just looking for default/preferred settings for any ATA to help me diagnose some issues. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Mike, I'm going to send you an email with some info that may help. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thanks Claudio, 

I don't want to speak for Ringcentral here:  I personally have 2 ATA's handling 4 RC telephone lines hooked up to a 12-line legacy PBX.  While it works, RC really can't support it.  That's why I'm asking the questions here.  

From a technical perspective, to provision line #2, the parameters need to look identical to line #1 with the exception of Display Name, UserID, Password, and AuthCode.  Those are set  per line. 

In most ATAs, line 1 is setup for Voice, Line 2 for fax.  As long as the parameters are set properly, the 2 lines will work just fine for voice.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces