Reuben Helder avatar image
Reuben Helder asked ·

RingCentral App for Windows Crashes when linking 2 folders of Outlook Contacts

Problem: !IsNull()

Details: Exception

>>>

!IsNull()

<<<

ESS::Assertion in thread imgSaverTh-4/App/QtLnch (12156) @ x:\workspace\prev_bld_d_win_32_git\src\utils\ByteArray.h:73 in void __thiscall Utils::ByteArray::AssertIsNotNull(void) const

* Stack trace *

ESS::BaseException::GetStack

ESS::BaseException::BaseException

Utils::ByteArray::AssertIsNotNull

ModanoUtils::TemporaryFilesManager::CreateTmpFile

ServiceContact::AbookPALImagesLoader::StorePicture

boost::scoped_ptr<iCore::MsgThread>::operator*

boost::function0<void>::operator()

iCore::AsyncTasker::DoExecute

iCore::MsgParam<iCore::AsyncTasker *,void (__thiscall iCore::AsyncTasker::*)(boost::shared_ptr<iCore::MsgThread::AsyncTask>),boost::shared_ptr<iCore::MsgThread::AsyncTask> >::Execute

iCore::MsgProcessor::DoProcessMsg

iCore::MsgThread::MsgLoop

boost::optional<void *>::operator*

'anonymous namespace'::HandleWinException

Platform::OsTryCatch

iCore::MsgThread::run

'anonymous namespace'::HandleWinException

Platform::OsTryCatch

Platform::Thread::ThreadBodyInternalImpl

QThread::start

_get_flsindex

_get_flsindex

BaseThreadInitThunk

RtlInitializeExceptionChain

RtlInitializeExceptionChain

I tried to link two Outlook Contacts folders to my Windows app (they do contain duplicate contacts) and as soon as I did the app crashed.

The only way to open the app again was to delete the two folders located in AppData/Local/RingCentral and restart the app.

Does the app have issues with duplicate contacts in Outlook folders? Is this a known issue?

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Reuben Helder avatar image
Reuben Helder answered ·
Ok I can rule out the duplicate contacts folders issue.
It seems to be an issue with just one folder. 

Is there a way to troubleshoot what is causing this? No one else in the office has this issue despite being connected to the same Outlook folder (it is a shared outlook email account).

BTW I am using App version 7.1.4.13446 and if I check for updates there isn't any.
1 comment Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

How many contacts are in the folder causing the problem?  Can you look through it to see if there are any irregular characters in any of the fields such as:  <, /, >  etc. 

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces