question

Mike Henrie avatar image
Mike Henrie asked ·

Another softphone is running please exit before continuing when using Scan to Fax

my scan to fax (glad it back) tells me another softphone is running when I try to send a fax and to close it. I just installed the latest version to get this feature back so how do I get past this error message?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno avatar image
danno answered ·
In the past, whenever there is a new updated version of the RC4W, I've started by totally deleting the olde version ( all files) first before installing the new version.  And its not just RC apps - but I see it with a lot of apps and programs.  There's always a file or ext from the previous version that creates issues.  To me, sounds that it's still seeing your old softphone.  So try that, and if you still have issues - You might need tech support.  Good luck!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Danno's probably right.  Try to manually install any previous version. (maybe there's a copy of the old Legacy phone).  If you still have problems let us know and we'll be happy to help. 

Mike

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces