question

Andrew Cooney avatar image
Andrew Cooney asked ·

How can I set our phones so that we can transfer a caller to another user in our organization?

We have 3 users in our ring central network and I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer a caller from one user to another? For instance if someone calls me and I need to transfer them to my boss, how would I got about setting that up? Thanks
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno avatar image
danno answered ·
There are several way to do this.  I'm assuming you don't have RC phones(?)  So I'll offer this option.  With the caller on the phone, dial ##, then you are instructed to enter an extension followed by #.  Call is transferred. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ringcentral avatar image
ringcentral answered ·
a) Warm Transfer or Transfer: when you want to announce yourself or tell to the other end who is calling. Cons: the recipient will see the extension number who made the transfer but not the Caller ID. b) Cold / Blind / bXfer Transfer: when you want to send a call directly to the extension of phone without announcing it. Pros: the recipient will see the Caller ID. In our Polycom or Cisco phones we could dial # # to put a call on hold in a faster way, instead of searching for the right option on the screen. From there you can perform a Warm or Cold Transfer.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces