question

demersseman avatar image
demersseman asked ·

Faxes that have an "unknown" number are being blocked.

Faxes that have an "unknown" number are being blocked. (fax receipt error) Support was supposed to fix this but has not. I called and was hung up on when following up.. anyone else have/had this problem?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
Have you checked the "Blocked Calls" configuration section of the Super Admin extension or any extension that is receiving faxes? There is a check box which allows you to block either calls, faxes or both where there is no Caller ID (i.e., "Unknown"). Is the "Faxes" check box checked?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

demersseman avatar image
demersseman answered ·
Yes, it's not checked. 
1 comment Share

Did you also check under Super Admin. Anything blocked under Super Admin applies to the entire account, regardless of individual extension settings. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
danno avatar image
danno answered ·
I've had the opposite problem since the latest version release.  My settings are set to block faxes with no caller ID, which was working (being blocked), but after the new release they are no longer being blocked.  I've had a ticket open with Level 4 support (03571814) since 5/6/15.  Weird you are getting the reverse.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
DEMERSSEMAN,  Do you still need help?  If you have a related case number please reply with it.

Mike 

demersseman avatar image
demersseman answered ·
ring central told me it's spam calling my fax number by phone... he sent an unknown fax and it went through. That's all they said they can do...

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces