question

kim avatar image
kim asked kim published

Setup Custom or Holiday Hours : Advanced Rule

Advanced Rules can be set for Holidays, Vacations, Sick-days or any other situation where you will need the calls re-routed.  
This can be done for Company Wide or User Holiday Hours.  Here is a simple way to setup your Holiday Hours. 

Select the Specific Date Range, that way you don't have to remember to turn it off when Tuesday morning comes. :-) 

2 Choices:
1) Play Company Greeting: record a custom greeting about your Holiday Hours
2) Bypass greeting to go to extension: select your Message-Only / Announcement-Only Ext to route the calls to.  

or

Below is the finished product - you will be brought back to the main screen for adding rules

admin portalcall handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dustin Showers avatar image
Dustin Showers answered
this is a great feature, i only wish the rules could be copied from a global pool...  because my company has multiple offices under the same account, each with different hours, and our IVR options react differently with each option, we assign hours to call queues directly, I can and have assigned custom rules already, but I've needed to create each rule more then 80 times.  simply importing the rule to each queue would be a HUGE bonus!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

merk avatar image
merk answered kim commented
The forum topic Schedule Changes in Voice Mail Greetings was closed and merged into this topic but it should not have been. The Advanced Rule discussed here involves scheduling changes to the company-wide auto receptionist greeting. The other topic involves allowing each user to schedule changes for personal voice mail greetings. The two are not the same and the other topic should be reopened.
1 comment
1 |3000

kim avatar image kim commented ·
These can by created as Company Wide or User Specific.  Users also have Advanced Rule options under Settings > Call Handling > Advanced Rule
0 Likes 0 ·
Dustin Showers avatar image
Dustin Showers answered jen3779 commented
are we able to apply the same rule to all users yet?  pull the rules from a central location?  i would love to create the rule only 1 time and apply it to multiple users at once.
2 comments
1 |3000

mike avatar image mike commented ·
Please reference the Feature Request here: Apply Advanced Rule to multiple users.
1 Like 1 ·
jen3779 avatar image jen3779 commented ·
This can now be updated via Template.
Create the rule in a user, and then click on "Save As Template".
Which will allow you to select the additional users you wish to apply it to.  

0 Likes 0 ·
jennifer-brabham1974 avatar image
jennifer-brabham1974 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to setup Multiple Voicemail Greetings for Holiday's and Vacations?. I know we can record an after hours message in addition to our normal message, but how do I record several other sort of messages like a holiday or vacation one so we dont' have to keep rerecording.
1 |3000

brian-sherman28 avatar image
brian-sherman28 answered
Go to Call Handling & Forwarding and click Advanced.  You can set up one voicemail recording for EACH rule you set up.
1 |3000

accounting3036 avatar image
accounting3036 answered mike Deactivated commented
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IVR's should be allowed to have Holiday messages.. 1. us
2. web company create phone recordings
3. need to be able to make Holiday messages and schedule them for IVRs 
4. Labor day is monday and i have to wake on holiday and set up this message and then take it off at the end of the day. Not ideal
5. avoid having to do #4 on one's holiday
1 comment
1 |3000

mike avatar image mike commented ·
This is an existing feature. See instructions above on this thread. 

Thanks!
Mike
1 Like 1 ·
chamblin8295 avatar image
chamblin8295 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Forwarding. How can i set up the attendant to forward to our after hours answering service?  Is that possible?
1 |3000

wattenberg avatar image
wattenberg answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Forward Rule for After Hours to extension group. We would like to be able to forward the operator extension to the support group after hours without purchasing the dedicated phone number. Since most of those users are on just their cell phones after hours and their duty schedule changes it isn't possible either to use the ring groups.
1 |3000

dye4627 avatar image
dye4627 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Need to add a Vacation and Holiday tab under Messages & Notifications. We would like to see RC add a Vacation and Holiday tab under Messages & Notifications so users can record custom messages when on vacation or a holiday is approaching.  We would need to be able to schedule these messages for a period of time and then have them shut off automatically
1 |3000

lam-huynh7800 avatar image
lam-huynh7800 answered chris-duquette4018 commented
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled out of office voicemail. I would like for an "Out of office" voicemail greeting to be available for use without having to re-create the normal voicemail greeting. Perhaps there should be a feature where you can have multiple voicemail greetings available and you can have a check box to choose which one to use at anytime.
2 comments
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
For what it's worth...I have often received voicemail messages which state, "I am either out of the office or with another customer. Your call is important to me.", etc.

That always tells me that they are busy and could either be out of the office or busy doing something else. Personally I could care less whether they are out of the office or not. As long as they get back to me within a reasonable amount of time after I leave a message/voicemail.
1 Like 1 ·
chris-duquette4018 avatar image chris-duquette4018 commented ·
"just call me back" is what im hoping for
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app