question

anne-meganck avatar image
anne-meganck asked ·

UNABLE TO FAX FROM SOFTPHONE - faxes sit in Outbox

Since yesterday, I am unable to fax using SoftPhone.  Faxes sent from SoftPhone version 6.05.001.50 (32-bit) sit in Outbox and never leave.  Contacted tech support again.  Was one the phone for close to an hour with a rep who accessed my computer remotely, disabled the firewall, etc., etc., and they were unable to help me.  I have no problem logging into my online account, FYI. 

I have been told that I should update to the new RC desktop app but that lacks the ability to edit the header which is a feature available in SoftPhone that is REQUIRED TO SATISFY MY CLIENT AS THEY DON'T WANT A HEADER on every page.  I don't care whether or not this is required by law.  I send a cover page with all my faxes, I am not sending junk faxes, there is no crime being committed as there is no injured party -- so don't give me a lecture on how this is required by law! 

I am SOOOOO frustrated that at this point I am looking elsewhere for a better faxing option.  Like someone else, said, "if it ain't broken, why fix it?" .  Why did RC have to mess with the SoftPhone? 

In summary, you seem to have given up on SoftPhone users even though officially it is being "retired" on 11/1/15, and you have replaced it with RC desktop app that lacks the ability to edit the fax header.  

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno avatar image
danno answered ·
Have you used RC's fax server?  That's where you can send a fax, via your email client, by addressing the email to " faxnumber@rcfax.com" 7705551212@rcfax.com 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno avatar image
danno answered ·
You can also have the added benefit of creating and sending your own fax cover page.  This way you can have a 100% customized cover page that you control every aspect of information ont he page.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces