question

Warren Thompson avatar image
Warren Thompson asked ·

can I text using RG ? if yes, how?

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi  Warren Thompson

Did you mean to say "RC" as in RingCentral?   If so, yes, there is an SMS feature unless your account is a fax only account. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Warren Thompson answered ·
Ring Central---new client and all going well except I need to text off this platform thanks
5 comments Share

See RingCentral Business SMS Frequently Asked Questions   here

SMS can be done via Desktop App (Softphone) or Smartphone/iPhone. 
Download them and login with your Digital Line (not main number + Ext). :-) 
0 Likes 0 · ·
thanks will do
0 Likes 0 · ·
Send your number to community.support@ringcentral.com so I can check to see if the number is SMS Enabled.
FYI: If your numbers were recently ported over it can take 7-14 days to SMS to be Enabled. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
been on system for many months
0 Likes 0 · ·
Warren, Just checking in...is SMS working for you? 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Warren Thompson answered ·
having trouble logging in with note to see Administrator and "unavaible". I receive text ok, but no clue on how to send one from my desktop. I also downloaded both Apple and Android apps, and I assume I need both to text to different smart phones. thanks
4 comments Share

To send a Text select compose text (see below image). 

0 Likes 0 · ·
solved and thanks
1 Like 1 · ·
Good! Glad it's working for you. :-)

Also, you don't need the both apps on your cell phone, just the one specific for your phone.  So if you have the iphone download that one only. If you have an android, only download that one.  
0 Likes 0 · ·
got it
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces