question

Tony Petrone avatar image
Tony Petrone asked ·

print to fax freezes after 10 or so faxes

US account
Is anyone else experiencing the print to fax process freezing on them every 10 or so faxes?
I have an employee using version 7.3.1 Desktop for Windows and when this happens they have to reboot their computer in order to get RC working again.

Since RC is ending support for the old Softphone I started to upgrade employees to the new Desktop for Windows version and most of these employees do not like how the new version feels and works, especially when everything used to work prior.
Thanks,
Tony

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hello  Efax

There could be a few things going on here, but this sounds a bit like a computer memory issue. A good place to start is to open a command prompt and type:  msinfo32 and hit enter.  This will spit out a report that shows your system information, OS, processor type, ram etc.  You can take a screenshot and post here for us to review. 

When you notice this happening, have you opened the task manager to see if RC for Windows is running, or not responding etc?

Have you notice any patterns, that trigger this? 

How large are the faxes when it freezes? 

Does the whole computer freeze, or just the RingCentral application? 

Mike 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tony Petrone avatar image
Tony Petrone answered ·

Hi Mike,

Here is the info you asked for

It just happened to one of my users as they had attached the cover page and then two other PDFs that were 47 and 57 KB.  The cover page had no problem attaching but the other two files did.  The computer does not freeze completely and I can get past this by closing and exiting from Ring Central for Windows and then kill the RingCentral process in task manager.  We then were able to open Ring Central for Windows again and the process picked up where we left off and were able to successful attach the same two PDF files.  In this case we are using RingCentral for Windows version 7.3.1.

Tony

1 comment Share

Thanks for the info and screenshots.  This does look like a memory issue. Unfortunately a 32 bit operating system only supports up to 4 gigs of ram which you have and there's not much available memory with all the applications running. The best suggestion I can offer is to close down any unused applications. 

You can always try to uninstall, and reinstall the software but it's more likely a memory issue. 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces