question

Brian H. avatar image
Brian H. asked ·

View Deleted Faxes from the Web Portal

When signed into the web portal I'm unable to view faxes I've deleted. If I go to Messages > Deleted Items I come to a page titled Deleted Items but nothing displays there (no loading indicator, error message, etc.).

I know with the old Softphone application deleted faxes were usually retained for 30+ days. Is this not the case with the web portal? Just curious if it might be a bug, as I'm not sure why I'd have the option to view Deleted Items but nothing displays.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Your  RingCentral Inbox has a maximum storage limit of  200 messages (voice and fax combined). So, it is possible they were purged, or it's also possible a user may have gone to the Deleted Items page and deleted them too. 

Mike 
15 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Currently sitting at 21 new faxes in the Inbox, around 20 in the Outbox, 253 in Sent, and nothing in Deleted Items. Is the 200 messages a total for all areas then, and we're just over the limit? Of the users that have access, they're only deleting items from the Inbox, not purging or doing anything to the Deleted Items (since nothing actually displays there for them to interact with).
0 Likes 0 · ·
Quick update. I tested this on a new extension that has less than 40 faxes (all in the Outbox or Sent area) and the Deleted Items still shows as empty, even if I delete a fax from the Outbox or Sent area. Is this intentional?
0 Likes 0 · ·
The 200 is all messages combined,  but that doesn't explain the issue in your 2nd post with <40  combined messages. Can you open a case and let them now which number has the < 40 messages?   Open a Case
0 Likes 0 · ·
Mike, I just opened a case (03938381). I confirmed all of our users/extensions are having this issue (save for the main extension / super user account).

I'd prefer not to post our number.
0 Likes 0 · ·
OK. Thanks.   That is perfect, for something like this, it's best to open a support case.  Also if you ever do need to post a phone number on the Community, you can create a new thread/topic. When you create a new thread, there will be an option to make the conversation private, so it's only visible to you, and the RC Community Admins. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
Mariella avatar image
Mariella answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled viewing deleted faxes. deleted faxes now are in computer neverland.  Unable to view deleted or recover if needed.  Was a feature of softphone now with  ringcentral for windows  unavailable.
3 comments Share

Are you able to view them on the web portal by clicking the Deleted Items button? 
0 Likes 0 · ·
No. Nothing ever shows. Even if have only a few faxes it is always blank. Like I said, gone to never land.
0 Likes 0 · ·
There is a  maximum storage limit of  200 messages (voice and fax combined). Check to see if you have 200+ total messages. If so they are likely being purged. If not, open a support case so we can look into this.  Open a Case
0 Likes 0 · ·
Mariella avatar image
Mariella answered ·
What kind of an answer is this. This has nothing to do with a number. NONE of the deleted faxes show on the web site. Sent shows, received shows etc but NOT the deleted faxes. They used to show with the soft phone but not with this horrible very user unfriendly downgrade you have decided to go forward with even though the features that sold a lot of your clients on your program are now not provided with ring central for Windows
3 comments Share

The phone/fax number allows us to locate the account with the problem. I've tested this on my end and the deleted items are appearing like normal. So, if you open a case and provide us with the number, we can look at your account and investigate further. 

0 Likes 0 · ·
No they are not. Seems as if we are butting our heads against a wall
0 Likes 0 · ·
Bear, If you are logging in under the specific extension, and still not seeing them, then please open a support case. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Mariella avatar image
Mariella answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to have deleted faxes show somewhere.. So what is the solution? I need to have deleted faxes show somewhere. Is this being addressed?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Windows 10 and Ring Central Desktop App (BETA).

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces