question

sumit-agarwal94 avatar image
sumit-agarwal94 asked ·

launch exteranal app for desktop phones

I am using the launch external app feature of the ringcentral desktop app.
The parameter I am using is %N. Logically, the value of %N should give the name if the contact with that phone number exists in ringcentral. Otherwise, it should be null. However, I am getting the value of %N as the location from where the call has arrived.

Suppose the incoming call number is x and the caller location is y. Now, the contact with number x does not exist in ringcentral. So, the value of %N should be null, however it is setting the value of %N as y. That's the problem. Can someone help me with that ??
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
HI Summit,  This will likely need to be escalated. Can you use the following link to open a support case. 

2 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Mike, 

The value of %N is sometimes set to the location and sometimes it gives a null value. So, can you just tell me the reason why it's happening. Is it like that if the contact does not exist in ringcentral, then by default the value of %N is set as the location.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Sorry, I'm not sure which is why I think it's best to open a support case. 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces