question

dan-sands avatar image
dan-sands asked ·

Mobile App: Screen mirroring broken with iOS9

I've just tried to share my iPhone with a customer to show them our beta app, and it seems mirroring does not work with iOS9. Is there a plan to fix this?

Thanks

Dan
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Are you referring to Meetings cell app? 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dan-sands avatar image
dan-sands answered ·
No this is the Meetings Mac app. It allows you to share the screen of your iPhone via Airplay. At least it did until iOS9. Now the mirroring option is not available. 
5 comments Share

Dan, you'll want to check directly with Apple if you're referring to their app. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Mike,

It's not an Apple app, it's how the iPhone connects to your screen share in Meetings, Apply have changed how that works, so it is no longer compatible with your product it seems. 

Will you be updating meetings, or will the function only be for iPhones running old versions of the OS in future?

0 Likes 0 · ·
Hello Dan, we are not quite sure what the  problem is. Our RC Meetings app should be compatible with iOS9.  Can you clarify the exact process you are trying to perform or what the issue is. Above you stated this is the Meetings Mac app  and then in another post stated It's not an Apple app. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Ok, let me explain the issue again.

Open RingCentral meetings on a Mac, then choose screenshare. You have the option to share an iPhone / iPad. You are asked to enable airplay and connect your iPhone. When you do this on iOS9 there is no "mirror" option available.

Because of this you can't mirror the screen on the screen share. There is lots of discussion of this change online, it is a change the Apple have made to Airplay and vendors need to update to work with iOS9.

I can't see Apple changing iOS9 as you suggest. Some vendors have updated their software to cope with this  http://blog.airsquirrels.com/2015/09/ios-9-screen-mirroring-support-has-arrived/ for example

Are you guys intending to do the same? 

0 Likes 0 · ·
Dan, I've forwarded this to our Product Team to review. At this time there's not ETA. 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces