question

bryan1234 avatar image
bryan1234 asked ·

Not getting iPhone notifications since update to iOS 9

Two of our iPhone users are reporting that suddenly there are not getting any notifications (texts, VM's) from the RingCentral app.  We have removed/reinstalled the app, verified that notifications are enabled, to no avail.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ipc-of-florida139 avatar image
ipc-of-florida139 answered ·
There have been some issues with ios 9 regarding this. I was having the same problem. I don't know if you have updated to 9.1 yet, but my problems seem to have abated after trying a few things recommended on line. Google "ios 9 problems with notification sounds" and you'll see some ideas on how to correct and will find you are not alone. Good luck.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bryan1234 avatar image
bryan1234 answered ·
It's not just notification sounds, no visual notifications either.  I'll take a look at those suggestions though.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Both of you are welcome to open a support case and report this.  Be sure to include your phone model, iOS version and which version of the RC Mobile app you are running.   Open a Case
2 comments Share

My issues stopped when I downloaded 9.1, so I don't really need to open a case. The issue also affected other apps within ios9, not just with the RingCentral app. I don't believe the problem is with RingCentral at all, it's just an Apple thing. Too many other people who are not RingCentral customers were affected. Thank you for the concern though.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Please contact Apple. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
bryan1234 avatar image
bryan1234 answered ·
I'm not seeing much in the way of solutions besides factory resetting the phone, and most who've tried this didn't see any improvement.  Can you tell me what has worked for you?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces