question

jane-schub avatar image
jane-schub asked ·

Can't attach files to fax or update smartphone receive message another copy of ring central already running

I get a message "two versions of smartphone are running" whenever I attempt to add an attachment to fax or update software. I'm in the USA
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Just to be clear... are you using the mobile app?  If so try to uninstall the mobile app, then reinstall and test it again. 

Mike 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jane-schub avatar image
jane-schub answered ·
Using Softphone on PC - I misspoke sorry

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
If you get the error "two versions of the softphone are running" please close all of them. Then  Deauthorize the PC and log back in to try again. 

jane-schub avatar image
jane-schub answered ·
Only one appears to be running. Uninstalled the desktop program and can't reinstall because of two versions runing message. Waiting a response from a level 2 tech. Thank you
4 comments Share

You might still have legacy on your PC. Go to Start Menu> Control Panel > Programs & Features Uninstall a Program > uninstall "Softphone" that is the legacy one. 

The new one is called RingCentral for Windows. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Check your email for my RingCentral Meetings invite. I'll take a look. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Have Ring Central for windows (it seems now to run grayed out) but no other copies of Softphone - went through this with Support via chat. Even with access to my computer he couldn't solve this!
0 Likes 0 · ·
Check your email for my RingCentral Meetings invite. I'll take a look. 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces