question

ralph-nelson avatar image
ralph-nelson asked ·

Fax: How do I put the name of the person on an outgoing fax?

When I send a fax the name of the person and the phone number of that person do not show up on my cover letter. How do I get their name and phone number to show up on the cover sheet?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Ralph, How are you sending the fax? Via e-mail, FaxOut, Desktop App, or Smartphone?

From the Softphone Desktop App, you can input the information into the necessary field below. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ralph-nelson answered ·
I doesn't matter if I am sending a FaxOut from your website, or if I click on "Compose Fax" on the desktop app. The problem is that when i click to send a cover letter it does not give me a place to put the person's name or company it only gives me a place to write a note. 

I cannot insert a screenshot for some reason.

1 comment Share

After you choose your cover sheet style, and click the check mark, it will return you to the screen above.  If you are not getting that screen, can you tell us what exactly you are seeing?  Also, can you make sure you are on the latest version of the RC Desktop which is 7.4 at this time?

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
ralph-nelson answered ·
My version is up to date. I want to send you a screen shot but it will not open when i click into this window. Also, I want to send you a Word file but I don't see how to do that. Is it possible? 
Maybe i can explain it this way. If you will look at the above picture of the  Softphone Desktop App, and look under the heading "Reciepient Details" you will see "Name", "Company", and "Note". My  Softphone Desktop App only has "Note". There is no "Name" or "Company" and I cannot enter this info on my faxes. 

ralph-nelson answered ·

When I click on "Fax Out" from your website it is the same - I only have the ability to put info in box called "Note" there is no box to enter "Name" or "Company". The words Name and Company do not even show in the fax screen.

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Ralph, please open a web case for further troubleshooting.  Support will be able to set up a screenshare with you. 

Tony Pea avatar image
Tony Pea answered ·
I am having the same issue as Ralph.  Please advise.
1 comment Share

Make sure you've upgraded to the latest 7.4 release. If you still have the issue open a support case also. In your case notes be sure to include if you are using a Mac or PC and what OS version as well.  Open a Case
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces