question

forrest avatar image
forrest asked ·

Incoming call not connecting

A client who used another voip system (My Tell) keeps trying to call us but when we answer there is no one there. All other numbers seem to be calling and connection just fine. Any ideas what could be causing this problem?
incoming call
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
I would call support or at least email a ticket to them with relevant details like phone numbers and time stamps involved.  That sounds like an interconnect issue somewhere that you can't solve yourself.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Bjsvec is correct.  Contact Support and open a case so they can check the routing.  

They will need call samples: 
Date: 
Time: 
Called Number (to):
Called Number (from):
8 comments Share

I'm confused -- you were able to duplicate the issue, so shouldn't that be enough to tell the development organization about it?
0 Likes 0 · ·
They will need your case number- but like I said, on the iPhone 4 this is more if a resource issue with iOS. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
I might suggest updating your iOS to 9.1. The new iOS is supposed to be infinitely more compatible with the 4S, and does not hog the resources iOS 8 versions did. Reviews suggest it works very well on the 4. Google it and check it out.
1 Like 1 · ·
I've read, too, that on a 4s, 9 is way better than 8; but I've also read that 9 is still bad when compared to 7 -- so upgrading is not in my future.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Then my guess is you will continue to have problems. I love Apple, but one of the features it has is the constant upgrade of apps and iOS. They do this to encourage people to buy new stuff. For developers this means they are staying up with the changes. Eventually, the older iOS is no longer compatible with upgraded apps they have been running previously with no problem. A day is coming where you will be unable to run the app as is. I would not allow the app to update anymore. At least then you'd have a difficult, but working app. I think this is what Kim was politely telling you when she said it was a "resource issue". I would be surprised (though happily so for your sake) if opening a webcase helped. Take care.
1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces