question

jeff-frontz266 avatar image
jeff-frontz266 asked ·

Mobile App: iOS app startup failure iPhone 4

Recently, it takes 3-4 times to start the iOS RingCentral app.  I click on the icon, get the launch image for tens of seconds and then am dumped back at the home screen.  After a few more tries, the app eventually completes initialization and I can access my voicemail, make calls, etc.

I'm using an iPhone 4S on iOS 7.1.2; I seem to have plenty of free storage and this happens whether network connectivity is via cellular data or wi-fi.  I'm able to run the MacOS desktop app without incident in the same wi-fi environment.

Is there some recent incompatibility of the RingCentral app with older phones?
mobile appiphonecell app
8 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Please go to  Settings Submit Feedback and let them know of that issue.  
Also, open a web case to be escalated for tracking/troubleshooting purposes. You can post case number here and we'll follow up with it. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
If you're talking about the non-numeric-phone-number-in-contacts crash, that's different from the one I was experiencing on iPhone 4S/iOS7.  My problem predates the introduction of the non-numeric-phone-number bug.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Yes Jeff, the patch is specifically to address the non-numeric phone number problem.  As Kim mentioned above, the issue you are experiencing is more of a phone resource issue.  To stay competitive, our developers must focus on the newer OS's and integrating new features.   I can't say for sure, but it's unlikely that our Product Team will go back to optimize the app for an older phone and OS. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
There are plenty of resources available on my phone.  The issue seems to be some sort of creeping crud that the application accumulates in its data (that which a complete uninstall/reinstall removes).  If you're not going to support the older models/iOS, then you should stop the false advertising of said support in the app store.  
0 Likes 0 · ·
I installed the new app and turned contacts back on.  The issue has been fixed.

1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments
kim avatar image
kim answered ·
If you are experiencing this issue on your Mobile App please go to  Settings >  Submit Feedback and let them know of that issue.

Also, open a web case to be escalated for tracking/troubleshooting purposes. Post case number here and we'll follow up with it. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
I was able to duplicate this issue on a iPhone 4 as well. It's a resource issue with iOS on an older phone.  

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces