question

kate-atwood avatar image
kate-atwood asked ·

Desktop App- Receiving calls even when phone number is not listed in call forwarding list

Hi all,
We use the Ring Central App in the US (version 7.4.3.2.1.21)  for an after-hours phone line at a veterinary hospital for our doctor on call.  We change the number in the call handling and forwarding when the doctor on call changes.  However, I have found that even when my number is not listed in the call handling and forwarding, I still receive calls.  My phone actually rings  through the ring central app.  I have an Android phone. Those with Iphones do not appear to have this problem at my clinic. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this problem besides muting my phone when I am not on call?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
Kate,

Is the Direct Dial Line (DDL) used for the doctor on call assigned to your extension? If so, are you using that DDL or the extension number to sign into your mobile app on your Android phone?

Please check the setting of the "Desktop apps & Smartphones" located in the "Call Handling & Forwarding" section. If the setting is set to ON, it would first ring your phone (if the number is assigned to your extension and that extension is the one you are signing into your Android phone with) and THEN it will forward calls to the on call doctor. Disable the setting to OFF and the calls will stop coming to your phone.

1 comment Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Also, check for any Advanced Rules. 
1 Like 1 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces