question

main-number892 avatar image
main-number892 asked Front Desk answered

SMS: Allow blocking of text messages

I was surprised to learn today that we do not have the ability to block a number that is using SMS to text me SPAM. All numbers that are blocked from voice should also be Blocked from sending text messages. Is omeone is only using SMS those #s should be blckable as well.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

edward-sclafani avatar image
edward-sclafani answered
I just got off a chat conversation with RC support and I was told there is no way to block text messages - even if you go to admin console and block the 10 digit number as a "phone call" - im blocking the number anyway and we will see what happens - but you should be able to block texts just like you can block calls
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Front Desk avatar image
Front Desk answered

We agree this needs to happen early 2021! we as a company get so many strange pictures, texts, and when asking about it ... premium support said to block the number. It may or may not fix the issue... LIKE GEE THANKS.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app