question

ceballos avatar image
ceballos asked ·

Desktop App: Windows Vista

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 
I have an older Windows version on my laptop, Vista Ultimate. I recently downloaded RingCentral but the PC app doesn't work. Is there any way to use RingCentral online instead of with the Windows App? Edit - Without using RingOut. From my understanding, RingOut will connect me using a different phone. I would like to use the headset on my laptop to make calls as it is a lot quieter than a regular phone. Thanks in advance.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi  Ceballos

For now, anyone operating on Windows XP the best resolutions might be to use the Chrome browser extension.  It does not have full soft-phone capability but it is quite functional and can be a very good workaround. Visit:  RingCentral for Google Overview

Also, if you log into your account here,  https://service.ringcentral.com  you'll see some icons that give you basic calling, conferencing and fax functionality. 

1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces