question

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated asked colin-simpson commented

Desktop App: Will it run on Linux?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered
Not to my knowledge - they definitely know folks are clamoring for HUD on Chrome - and we are leading that pack of "beggars" on that issue!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bence-liszkai avatar image
bence-liszkai answered
RingCentral currently don't have linux support. Let's use Zoom instead.
1 |3000

Jefferson Davis avatar image
Jefferson Davis answered
AND... this is why we prefer Google Hangouts.  No need for an external "handler".  Time to get a clue, kids.
1 |3000

konrad-moson avatar image
konrad-moson answered colin-simpson commented
This issue is 4 years old, and there's still no Linux version!
Are you joking?
3 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Konrad,

Actually we are working on it ;) It's getting rolled out this quarter - see here for more details
0 Likes 0 ·
jeffbuhrt avatar image jeffbuhrt commented ·
It didn't happen. I just fought thought using 'RC on Zoom' for a meeting. You HAVE to use a virtual Windows machine to use RingCentral meetings. Now I remember why I switched to Zoom and/or Google Meet/Hangouts years ago.

The meeting itself was Zoom once opened! Irony! Instead of a xdg handoff, just use a DNS CNAME poinedt to Zoom. Boom done!
0 Likes 0 ·
colin-simpson avatar image colin-simpson commented ·
I'm just having a call about using Ring Central to replace our PBX. Half our desktops are Linux, this thread isn't filling me with confidence. May just be back to using Teams for this which is cross-platform and works already and pull in their PBX function.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app