question

caroline-moore avatar image
caroline-moore asked ·

Customer Service

How do I get through to your Customer Service to Downgrade my Plan? I am exhausted trying to connect with your company. I have a U.S. base dsmalll company. No one ever gave me a case #. I have spoken to 4 different people and eventually every single one has said that they are not the one that can make changes to my account. Are you Kidding???
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Caroline - 

See here to learn how to check case history online
Accounts cannot be downgraded or changed via support but through the Sales Rep directly.  The account "Ekistics" is listed as a reseller account, therefore you must contact  Reseller Support team at 800-595-8110.  

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kim 
7 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

OK, so if VOIP is disabled in the app, it is still making a VOIP call, but using cellular data instead, meaning it is not making a straight cellular (non-data) call, correct? If I am understanding you correctly, it is not possible to make non-VOIP calls with the mobile app.

I will try making calls with VOIP - ON and see if I have better results. I had switched it off because I thought doing so would enable a straight cellular call without VOIP.

Thanks for your help!
0 Likes 0 · ·
If VoIP is turned off (disabled) then the call is not a VoIP call. It's made through your carrier. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
HI  teamriab,    To clarify,   VOIP = Voice over Internet Protocol. 

In order for your phone to make/receive a voip call it must have access to either a wifi connection or your phones data plan. 

If you turn off Voip, it can not access the internet, and then the call is made through your cell phone carrier. 

1 Like 1 · ·
Thanks, Mike.

But can you clarify: If the call is made through my cellular carrier (VOIP - OFF), is it still converted to a VOIP call, but just over cellular data connection (since it is using my cellular data connection and therefore able to connect to the Internet)?

For example, let's say I disconnect WiFi, turn VOIP - OFF, then switch my data connection to 2G (EDGE) speeds, but with full signal. What kind of quality can I expect? I'm thinking the call is still VOIP, and would result in horrible lag or drops. If you are saying that the call is not VOIP in this case, then the call quality should be near perfect, which is far from the experience I was having with VOIP OFF.

TIA!
0 Likes 0 · ·
If you have voip turned off, it can not access your phones data plan (2g, 3g, or 4g) or wifi and can not be a voip call. 

If you are trying to make a phone call via 2g, it will most likely be very poor quality. Even some 3g signals are poor. 

0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces