question

brandon-scivolette avatar image
brandon-scivolette asked ·

Desktop App Bug: Incorrectly Showing 'Incoming Call' on HUD

Account: RC Office
Desktop App Version: 8.0.3.20104

Good Afternoon,

I want to report an ongoing issue with the desktop app which, as far as I can tell, has only been occurring since we updated to the newest version. My guess is that this is a bug related to that update.

Currently we have (5) users with Polycom IP phones and each uses the desktop app for the HUD. All users have reported the same issue. Essentially the HUD continues to show an 'incoming call'  for one user well after that call has been answered by another user. I don't know exactly how long it continues to show the incoming call incorrectly, but I'd guess about 5 minutes.

Here's an example of what I am trying to describe:
A caller from 555-555-5555 has entered the call queue and begins to simultaneously ring all users. This shows on the HUD as each available user having an incoming call. Once answered it shows the user who answered the call as correctly being on a call with that number. However, it also continues to show another user as having the same call still incoming. As far as I can tell the one user who continues to show the call as incoming appears random.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

brandon-scivolette answered ·
In fact, here is a screenshot of the issue as it happens.
5 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Brandon - Thank you for the screen shot and the additional information.  We are working on 8.0.4 please revert back to the prior version for now & let me know if that goes away.  

The link is  http://downloads.ringcentral.com/sp/RingCentralForWindows?v=7.5.4  
0 Likes 0 · ·
Great, thank you. To confirm, 7.5.4 (the version you provided) is the most recent version prior to 8.0.3.20104?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yes
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Kim. I see a slightly newer version of the desktop app is available (8.0.4.20112). Do you happen to know if this resolved the bug I reported in this thread?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Brandon, they are still working on 8.0.4 so please avoid the prompt (if you get it) to update desktop app.
Also inside the Desktop App please select settings > support > feedback and let them know there also - those go directly to the team working on 8.0.4.    Thank you
0 Likes 0 · ·
kim avatar image
kim answered ·
@Brandon - Just wanted to touch base. We are now on 8.0.6 and I wanted to see if you are still seeing this issue or if it has been resolved? 

Thx 
2 comments Share

No, unfortunately not. We are using 8.0.6.20118. I reported the bug to the development team about 2 weeks ago.
0 Likes 0 · ·
I just submitted it again for you too under "submit feedback" :-) with the link to this thread 
0 Likes 0 · ·
kim avatar image
kim answered ·
@Brandon - is this resolved? 

brandon-scivolette answered ·
Nope. Still on 8.1.1.21232 which by RC app says is the most current.
1 comment Share

Thank you for the update.  - I submitted "feedback" again for you regarding this. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Brandon - do you know how to " check case status" online? Your case owner's been trying to reach you.  

To update this case with further information please login to http://success.ringcentral.com/RCContactSupp

Select contact support, and you will be able to see view: all open cases at the bottom of the page. 

Case# 04792800 & Case#04823485

Please make sure case has best phone number and e-mail to reach you. 

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
They keep getting voicemail. 
Please make sure case notes have best phone number.
1 comment Share

Hi Kim,

Yes, I received them and the f/u email. I was at the office for 36 hours straight so I left a few hours earlier than usual. They have the correct numbers. I will call the contact person who sent me the email tomorrow at some point.

Thanks!
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces