question

Tony Pires avatar image
Tony Pires asked ·

Conference Calling: Why were many international call-in numbers removed?

This is baffling to us. We had another change to our RingCentral conference call in number. Last fall it changed from the 7171 number to (605) 562-3180. That''s fine, we remind everyone at the company and all is well and good. Then this January they change the number AGAIN to (267) 930-4000 ! Why was this done? Worse, many international numbers have been removed! Particularly South Korea, who we do lots of business with.
What is going on??

Very frustrating and we may have to find another conferencing solution which stinks because that means paying extra.
topic-default
5 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks, I'll make sure our folks are aware and hopefully, soon, we'll get it added to the new conference number.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Mike - I have been advised that the Korean # (+82 (0) 70 7917 6505) will go away on March 31, 2016. Is that correct or will it stay outstanding until there is another option for Korea.
0 Likes 0 · ·
I'll see if I can find out for you. 

Mike
0 Likes 0 · ·

Hi, I am just checking to ensure that we can use the number of 

+82 (0) 70 7917 6505  for South Korea  with the conference call USA number of 267-930-4000.  I would like someone to respond so we can update our conference call list.

Looking forward to receiving a reply!

Thanks very much.

Andrea

1 Like 1 · ·
Hello. We had to remove local access number for South Korea for the time being to reinforce our security measure. It's still unknown when we can bring it back but we will.  We apologize for the inconvenience. 

The good news is that we are going to introduce local access number for Taiwan very soon.

thank you.
-1 Like -1 · ·
andrea-dereberry avatar image
andrea-dereberry answered ·

Please let us know when the new numbers for Australia, Taiwan and South Korea are available, along with all the other countries which did not convey to the new "system".

Thank you!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thank you; we appreciate any information you can provide regarding how long this number will be valid.

Tony Pires avatar image
Tony Pires answered ·
Any update on this? No new numbers have been added to the list and it's the end of March.
2 comments Share

Yes, please, would appreciate any updated information.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Sorry for the delay, I am still working to get an update on this. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thanks, Mike !!

charlton avatar image
charlton answered ·
Hello, 

We are working to bring back South Korea. Please do not use the old South Korea access number as it does not connect to the same bridge. I'll provide an update on this subject within a week, but there is a good chance RingCentral will continue to provide access number to South Korea. 

Thank you for your patience.

Charlton
RingCentral product team

charlton avatar image
charlton answered ·
Sharing update on this subject.  We have now added South Korea to the international participant list, along with all the countries that were not on display before. 

Thank you for the feedback and your patience.

1 comment Share

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This has made our day!
1 Like 1 · ·

Thank you for adding South Korea; much appreciated.    Any plans on adding Taiwan soon?

Thanks!

Andrea

14 comments Share

I just checked the phone numbers this morning and South Korea is no longer on the list.  Can you please advise if there is an active number for South Korea?

Also, there is still no number for Taiwan; please advise of status of adding this country.
0 Likes 0 · ·
verified, we no longer have it either. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
I'm looking into this for you...
0 Likes 0 · ·

Apparently the Audio Conference in RingCentral Web Portal is missing South Korea's Dial In Number. Though I tried to call +82 7047844035 in this link for South Korea and it is working.

http://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/Conference-Calling-Touch-Tone-Commands-...

Could be an update on the list on the RingCentral Web Portal.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Can anyone from Ring Central verify if 82 7047844035 is a good number? It is the number that we had been using previously, but then was removed from the list of active numbers due to security concerns.   Ring Central needs to verify if this number can be used.  Thank you.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
tony-pires avatar image
tony-pires answered ·
Any update? South Korea still missing.
5 comments Share

Please reference the new conversation here: Add South Korea
0 Likes 0 · ·
The Add South Korea conversation was closed. We really need dial in access in South Korea, you used to have it, and it's still not added back?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hello Jeff,

We recently added South Korea. Please reference this conversation.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Glad South Korea has been added.  Any word/schedule on Taiwan?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Michael, I haven't hear any information about Taiwan
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces