question

p-egen avatar image
p-egen asked ·

Couple of quick questions for new RC prospect.

We are considering Ring Central but are a very small office. We will probably have one ip phone that will answer the main line/toll free number and have a ring group that will call a land line (not IP), and if that is busy hunt to a cell phone or possibly a softphone. Will Ring Central do that?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ringcentral35 avatar image
ringcentral35 answered ·
As far I know the answer is Yes, if you want to create conditions, you can forward calls to other users phones like land lines or cell phones.

In our company I have created Ring Groups, forward calls into cell phone numbers, etc.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered ·
Keep in mind, the softphone is licensed to the user - so if you only have one user, you can only have one softphone.  Additional numbers don't qualify for a softphone license. 

p-egen avatar image
p-egen answered ·
Thanks for the comments. When I talked to an RC rep, she told me the softphones were no charge and that I would only need to sign up for one user which didn't make sense to me. This helps.
2 comments Share

Probably falls in the category of "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."  The mobile app is free for all, but a softphone, one that sits on the PC, does require a user subscription.  Can't tell you how many people I've run into that have had issue with that.
1 Like 1 · ·
That totally helps. Thanks. Glad I found this forum.
1 Like 1 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces