question

apgitter avatar image
apgitter asked ·

Bring back ability to store sent fax history. All sent fax history lost in forced upgrade!

Bring back ability to store sent fax history. All sent fax history lost in forced upgrade! Also cannot cut and paste if I save sent fax to my computer. 
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

joyce avatar image
joyce answered ·
wow... this is bad. did i make a bad choice going to ring central. i am new and having a hard time already!!!!!!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hello apgitter3928, 

Please refer to your case 04520897 for more details. 

This feature was not removed. Your faxes were not deleted as a result of the upgrade, rather purged due to storage limits.   If you go log into your account on the web portal and go to the Sent Items, you'll see your sent faxes.  If you would like to see an increase in the storage limits please visit the following page and vote on the idea/feature request. 

Storage limits on voicemails, faxes, etc

You can view the Account Data Retention limits here

apgitter avatar image
apgitter answered ·
Purged without notice and unable to retrieve. The history, meaning date sent and number are available, but not the actual fax information sent. Spent hours with customer service, and they verified that this is correct and that future sent fax information will not be stored with the latest upgrade. If this is not correct, please advise.
3 comments Share

Sorry If I'm confused, but are you by any chance referring to the upgrade from the old Legacy softphone to the new RingCental Desktop App? 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
I am not familiar with what version I had versus the latest software upgrade. I only know the end result explained in previous correspondence.
0 Likes 0 · ·
After further reviewing your case history, this seems to have been related to the old softphone. Going forward any upgrades should not cause you to lose any faxes.  Normal storage limits will of course still apply.  If you would like to see the current storage limits increased, please post, and vote on this thread:   Storage limits on voicemails, faxes, etc
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces