question

kim12345 avatar image
kim12345 asked ·

Just received a call from RingCentral: notified me they're taking away a number I purchased almost 2 months ago.

Did anyone else have this experience? I'm running a business with this number, and it's on every printed material we ordered. No apologies, just a forceful announcement. They think offering an alternative number is helping me. How is this possible? Has anyone experienced this? Is this common with RingCentral?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dave avatar image
dave answered ·
No, I have never heard of this. they did not say why they are taking your number?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-verdin avatar image
chris-verdin answered ·
Have not experienced this before with RC.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Kim, that sounds very odd.  Can you reply back and tell us who called you?  Do you have a related case # for this or any other details.  You can reply here, or if there's sensitive information you can email community.support@ringcentral.com

Mike 

kim12345 avatar image
kim12345 answered ·
I agree, Mike. I thought it was extremely suspicious, so I wanted to ask for confirmation. A rep who identified himself as Cyrus called from 949-444-5450, informing that the number I had recently ordered needed to be replaced.

Hopefully this makes RC aware of who's attempting to disrupt the system and give other RC members a heads up in case they receive a similar call. I didn't give him any information and I still have a voice message he left. If you want to ask me more questions about this incident, feel free to email me on the email address I have on file with RC. 

Thank you for your replies, everyone. 

jay-nichols1734 avatar image
jay-nichols1734 answered ·
Don't you have an account manager you  can talk to?

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Kim - What are the last 4 digits of the number what they wanted to remove? 

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces