question

frank-c avatar image
frank-c asked jenn-community-moderator edited

Fax: How to edit, sign, and then return faxes received?

I receive multiple faxes from companies that require me to make edits to the fax, sign it, and then fax the edited copy back to them. I can't figure out how to do this on my Android phone, Android tablet, or Desktop PC. Is this possible to do? I'd hate to have to print out the fax, edit it, and then fax it back manually...
fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Not sure how or if possible on Android, but certainly on your desktop you could edit the PDF, save it and then fax it back without ever printing anything.  I do this on my Mac occasionally and I am sure you can do it in Windows too.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

frank-c avatar image
frank-c answered bjsvec commented
Hi Brandon, and thank you for replying. I guess I was hoping for a way to open a fax at the Ring Central Website or with their app, edit and sign, and send back. I'm not sure how to sign something with my desktop pc, but I agree with you that I could save the fax to my pc's hard drive; edit it; save the edited  version; and then fax it back. Lots of steps!

1 comment
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
Yeah, I don't see much way around that working with faxes.  It sure would be nice if companies would stop using faxes where email, online forms, docusign or fillable PDFs would work better.  I suppose you would agree ;)
1 Like 1 ·
stonehenge-vision-source avatar image
stonehenge-vision-source answered jeremy-phillips9967 commented
It's been 2 years, any update in technology on this front?
2 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Sorry, I have not been given an ETA of if/when this may become available
0 Likes 0 ·
jeremy-phillips9967 avatar image jeremy-phillips9967 commented ·
This is really unfortunate that Ring Central does not have the ability to edit a fax and reply to the sender.  
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app