question

stuart-greenley2306 avatar image
stuart-greenley2306 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Desktop App: not refreshing

The desk top application previously used to refresh so that you could see your messages. With the current update you have to do that manually. Not a very good customer experience.

ringcentral app
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Marc Napoleon avatar image Marc Napoleon commented ·
my ringcentral app doesnt want to open 
when i try to open it. it says;: a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaible. what i should i do in that case?
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike Marc Napoleon commented ·
not related to parent topic Please reference the new conversation here: App won't open
0 Likes 0 ·
kim avatar image
kim answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Stuart - what is not updating? Faxes? Test/SMS? Voicemails?

The last user we had report this issue just needed to have some Network Configurations updated on their router to resolve the issue.  
10 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benito4037 avatar image benito4037 commented ·
Thanks, Mike. I'm reaching out to our entire user roster to see if they are experiencing this issue at all. The only reported issue PC has the Windows 10 security software Windows Defender, configured with the same settings as mine.

Looking forward to receiving 9.0! So far I can't find it anywhere. Once we receive 9.0, I'll test again to see if that fixes the issue.
1 Like 1 ·
cglassy3135 avatar image cglassy3135 commented ·
Benito - we run Defender on our Win10 machines as well. We will keep an eye on this issue as we have LOTS of users.  
1 Like 1 ·
Update: Updating the app to 8.4.5 didn't help and there's no sign of 9.0, yet, so I continued testing and I've isolated this to our SonicWall's Content Filtering Service. RingCentral's Network Config documents did not cover this before, even the one specific for SonicWall.

However, I took a look at the updated  Expanded Version: RingCentral Network Requirements and Recommendations article which added an IP address and Access Control List (ACL) rules with recommended White-List websites. Once I added this updated info to our SonicWall's Content Filtering Service, our Desktop Apps are updating/pushing call log and voicemail notifications.

Thank you RingCentral Team for updating this document.
1 Like 1 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
Thanks for the update Benito!

For anyone else, we encourage you to click this link, and click the "Follow" button on the page.  When there's a change to the QoS/Network requirements document, I'll update the Community page and it will trigger an email to the followers.

Network requirements, and troubleshooting call quality (QOS) issues.

Mike

1 Like 1 ·
Kim, I'm having this same issue with only one user. I've followed the instructions to add the IP's to our router/firewall but this user is still experiencing this issue, but others aren't having this issue after testing and comparing.

Basically, when a call comes in and a voicemail is left, it may not automatically "push" the messages or the call log until hours later. However, if we right click and select "Refresh", it will update the call log and messages.

We're using Windows 10, RC Desktop 8.4.3. I've tried doing a clean install of the app making sure to clean the registry and all folders in the C drive, but no luck. Also, as mentioned before, I've configured our firewall/router as instructed in the latest RINGCENTRAL NETWORK REQUIREMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS - Extended Version PDF

I'm running out of ideas and am getting to the point of providing him a new PC, but hoping you might a more direct fix since providing another PC will take me much time and effort.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Steven Q. Stultz avatar image
Steven Q. Stultz answered jessica-community-moderator commented
I'm using the RC Phone app on Windows 10.  App version is 19.4.0, and it has stopped refreshing the SMS list, even after logging out and logging back in.  Rebooting the PC hasn't helped.  And I see no way to manually refresh SMS.
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Steven, 

Please open a case with Support to troubleshoot, they should be able to resolve this. 

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app