question

prefab-drywall-supply-ltd2353 avatar image
prefab-drywall-supply-ltd2353 asked ·

Fax: Result shows "failed", but "success" for attachment?

sent a fax, got this result email (edited phone numbers):

Here are the results of the 5-page fax you sent from your phone number (xxx) xxx-xxxx:

Name

Phone Number

Date and Time

Result

+1xxxxxxxxxx

+1xxxxxxxxxx

Thursday, July 07, 2016 at 01:21 PM

Failed

Your fax(es) included the following file(s), which were rendered into fax format for transmission:

File Name

Result

FAX_MrXXXXX_July7-2016.pdf

Success

Question is did my fax go through or not? 

General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

prefab-drywall-supply-ltd2353 avatar image
prefab-drywall-supply-ltd2353 answered ·
Nevermind, it failed.  I guess the success part only applies to the conversion of the pdf file into fax format.
1 comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Correct - if the transmission results show failed, then it should be re-sent. 
0 Likes 0 ·
shelly-roth5155 avatar image
shelly-roth5155 answered ·
Why is it failing?  I can't get any faxes to go through my email with faxnumber@rcfax.com or through my RC Windows app.  The above is the result I get every time.
9 comments

Wow! Sorry you're having these issues. I am not a RingCentral employee but rather a RingCentral Partner/Reseller who helps and assists in these forums so I am limited in how I can assist you.
1 Like 1 ·
Do you have your line set up as a Voice Only line? That could be the reason. If your line is set up as a Voice/Fax line or a Fax Only line then I recommend you initiate a case with RingCentral support so they can delve into your configuration.

https://service.ringcentral.com/login.asp?p_next_page=RCSupportPortalCreateNewCase#

0 Likes 0 ·
no, my line is set up to fax as well.  i have a ticket open.  I have had another ticket open that was not resolved but the ticket was closed.  I reopened another ticket. Not a lot of confidence I will get help at this point.
0 Likes 0 ·
You might also want to check the Fax Trouble Shooting Knowledge Base article here...

https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/Fax-Troubleshooting-Checklist?_ga=1.16...

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app