question

robert-dalmao2361 avatar image
robert-dalmao2361 asked ·

We are not DirectTv

When customers call our 800 number they sometimes get Direct tv instead. Why is that? I have had over a dozen complaints so far
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Robert - have you duplicated this and received the same issue? Is your number close to that off Direct T.V. that it might be a simple mis-dial? 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

robert-dalmao2361 avatar image
robert-dalmao2361 answered ·
I have not been able to duplicate it. But since so many people have made the complaint, even one customer swears we are on his speed dial. It just seems odd
4 comments Share

I've set this conversation to private so that I can gather more info. 
  • What is your company number?
  • What number does the guy have saved to speed dial?
  • Can you provide a call sample from someone who's experienced this issue: Date, Time, Called To, Called From, result. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
(800) 361-5755 I was told I was reached on the same number dialed and got Direct Tv. I have called our number many times and can't get it to do it for me. I was suspicious at first that the customers were dialing the wrong number, but I am now getting this complaint weekly now. I did not write down a day and time of any of the incidents.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Okay - you will want to open a web case and provide them with 3-4 call samples (within 24 hours).  They will need to know exactly what number was dialed, and what number called it (please use template above).  So if those people can re-produce it for you, our engineers will need the call samples to check the call routing on the back-end.  
0 Likes 0 · ·
I created a case for you, but they will need call samples in order to troubleshoot. 

Case# 04790358 

To update this case with call samples login to http://success.ringcentral.com/RCContactSupp  select contact support, "check case status", and you will be able to see view: all open cases at the bottom of the page. 

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces