question

lightner avatar image
lightner asked ·

I'm getting the following SMS/MMS message from postmaster. Undeliverable;

I'm getting the following SMS/MMS message from postmaster. Undeliverable;> /data/user/0/com.android.providers.telephony/app parts/Part 1467934100600 besides the obvious - what is this telling me? Part0
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Are you getting that error sending to the RC number?  Or are you sending from the RC Mobile app to a different number? 

I'm guessing you are sending to the RC Mobile App.  If so, are you trying to attach a picture or some other type of media?  At this time the RingCentral Mobile app is only SMS capable.   MMS messages will fail. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lightner avatar image
lightner answered ·
We have a toll free number going to a message only extension. This extension is set up to reply with an SMS to the owner of the extension. So in essence everytime this person gets a voice mail a SMS is sent to his mobile phone. He should not be getting images just voicemails. Appreciate any help thrown my way. Thanks
1 comment Share

I took a look at the account, but don't see a mobile number set up for notifications so, I'm assuming you removed it.

Did you try changing the number to a different mobile device?  From there undeliverable message you are getting, it looks like it might be a problem with the sms app on that particular android device.  

Also have you tried sending a text message to that phone/mobile number from another mobile phone to see if it gets rejected?

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces