question

Natasha Ah Jack avatar image
Natasha Ah Jack asked ·

Call Handling: how to have Mobile App get incoming calls

We currently have our call handling settings configured to first go through our main line (desk phone), then if not answered the call is forwarded to my personal iPhone. I want the call to come through my iPhone through the RC mobile app so I can then easily transfer the call to the right person. How can I configure this?
I read that you need to turn on the desktop apps & smartphones option, however I don't want the call to ring there first. I want it to ring through the main line first, then the app when it is forwarded to my personal phone. Does that make sense?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno avatar image
danno answered ·
So your main line rings on a separate ext and phone from your ext and phone?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Natasha Ah Jack avatar image
Natasha Ah Jack answered ·
No. My phone does not have a separate extension. Because I use my own device I don't have a user profile. I share the main line's profile. My cell number is listed as a secondary forwarding number.

danno avatar image
danno answered ·
If that's the case, in CALL HANDLING, turn off Desktop apps & Smartphones on the 'main' line phone set.  Set the number of rings for the 'main' line phone.  Then select Call Forward to another phone, and enter locate your phone and extension.

danno avatar image
danno answered ·
Then turn on your extension's Desktop apps & Smartphones and set the desired number of rings. 

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
To clarify - In order for you to have a physical device on your RingCentral account, it has to be place on an Ext.

Danno is correct - you'll have to have the calls fwd to your extension after they ring the main phone and then turn ON the Desktop App/Smartphone option in your call handling rules. 

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces