question

william-cuthbertson avatar image
william-cuthbertson asked ·

Mobile App Outgoing Caller ID SAVE Settings

I'm a RC OFFICE user based in the US. On my Android cell phone, I've set all the outbound caller ID settings on the phone to use my main office number as the caller ID for all outbound calls. Unfortunately, these settings are not being honored by the phone as each time I make a call, I have to RESET the outbound caller ID to the main office number directly on the keypad. 

I would really like to SET THIS ONCE and know that's the way it will be UNTIL I CHANGE IT again myself. Having to set it manually each time I make a call ISN'T CONVENIENT, and is PRONE to ERRORS. Additionally, as this functions right now, I CANNOT set this at all when quickly returning a call, because the phone directly dials WITHOUT giving me a chance to make sure the caller ID is as I want it.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
Are you making the changes under Ext Settings or Mobile Settings? 

4 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Kim, In the past (a year ago) I was told that your cell phone app would not ring unless the extension was called directly. Is this still true?

I have all calls from the main company number forward to an extension(with no number) that was created to distribute the call to the other extensions(with actual users/phones). I want the ability to pickup the call from a smartphone app when logged into one of those extensions. As the administrator, I can get it to work on my phone because the main extension has the "notify administrator's desktop app" on. (side note: why does this setting which only refers to the desktop app affect the smartphone app?), but I cannot get it to work on another user's smartphone.

If it's possible, can you tell the procedure and can you clarify if the administrator referred to above is actually the Super Admin and why there's no reference to the smartphone in the setting for administrator's app?

0 Likes 0 · ·
Kevin,  I was just reviewing some older threads here on the Community and came across your post.  There are a lot of variables here depending on your configuration, there are several reasons your mobile app may, or may not ring.  If you are still having a problem, let us know. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Mike, as it stands there are 2 of us that depend on the smartphone app to receive calls as stated above. Since I'm one of them and I'm the Super Admin(or overall Admin if that's different) I'm able to receive the calls but the other person I had to set up their phone app to login into the virtual? extension(not their actual extension with a number) that the main company number points to. After you guys implemented user roles I tried giving the user a Super Admin role and had them log the app into their real extension but it was still unable to receive the calls so I switched it back.

In the user settings for "Call Handling and Forwarding Desktop Apps & Smartphones  Notify administrator's Desktop app:" how is the administrator defined? Is it still true that the smartphone app can only be rung by a direct dial and not by a forward from another extension? 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Kevin, you may want to give us a call and talk about more details, but based on you first post above, if you log in under the main number + extension you should still be able to get the mobile app to ring. So, it's probably a configuration setting either in the web portal, or on the mobile app, or both.  

Give us a call, and let us know which user it is, and how exactly you need it to work. 

On a side note:   If a particular user has it's own direct number, they should log in with it instead of the main number + extension. 
1 Like 1 · ·
william-cuthbertson avatar image
william-cuthbertson answered ·
THANK YOU! That did the trick. I need to remember to scroll down further on the settings page. I totally missed this and so did tech support!

Consider this one handled!

usa avatar image
usa answered ·
I would LOVE the option to have my outbound caller ID options listed before connecting my return call from the messages screen. Right not when I click the call button I am just connected but I run multiple businesses. My default outbound ID number is not always the # a client called.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces